Certificate of Catholic Theology: History
To participate in the STEP Certificate of Theology program, in the specific area of Church History, you will need to do the following:
- Submit the application below.
- After a STEP staff member approves your application, register for the Certificate of Catholic Theology program.
- Complete the following required courses:
- Core Course: Introduction to the Catholic Faith
- History of Christianity: The First Five Centuries
- History of Christianity: The Early Middle Ages
- History of Christianity: The High and Late Middle Ages
- American Catholicism Since Vatican II: The Challenges of Change
- Vatican II: The Experience and the Event
- The Reformation
- Complete your final assignment.
As you plan your future course participation, you may need to refer to the STEP Calendar of Courses (PDF). You will still need to register separately for each course session. Sessions typically open for registration about one year in advance.
If you have already taken courses, please help us verify your status by providing the month and year when your session(s) started. Thank you for your interest in the certificate program.