STEP at the University of Notre Dame began in 1999 as the Satellite Theological Education Program. We use digital technology to offer theological education to pastoral ministers and other adult Catholics across the United States and beyond. We are part of Notre Dame's McGrath Institute for Church Life, which serves the University's larger mission of teaching, research, and service to society and to the Church.
Our staff members work with Notre Dame professors and other highly qualified instructors to assemble lectures, readings, and supporting materials for Web-based courses. We train and coordinate facilitators, who in turn guide STEP students as they interact with each other and with Notre Dame's online learning environment. From registration to course completion, we strive to provide you with a friendly, supportive place to grow in faith and understanding.
If you have a question about STEP, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about us on our staff page, or click a name to send an email:
- Mr. Thomas C. Cummings, III Director
- Mr. Gregory V. Doyle Associate Director
- Mrs. Kelly L. Culver Assistant Director
- Ms. Lisa M. Orchen Catholic Schools Outreach
- Ms. Esther L. Terry Camino Program Director
- Mrs. Laura K. Hartz Administrative Assistant & Billing
- Mr. Louis A. Weber Technical Specialist
STEP sends updates to students and friends via a quarterly electronic newsletter. Please follow these links to learn about our activities in the past year: